Setting Up the Client
MapR provides several interfaces for working with a cluster from a client computer:
- MapR Control System: Access the MapR Control System (MCS) to manage the cluster, including nodes, volumes, users, and alarms.
- Direct Access NFS™: Configure Direct Access NFS to mount the MapR-FS to a local directory.
- MapR client: Install the MapR client to run hadoop commands, jobs, and applications from a client machine.
- MapR POSIX client: Enable app servers, web servers, and other client nodes and apps to read and write directly and securely to a MapR cluster.
- MapR FUSE-based POSIX client: Allows app servers, web servers, and other client nodes and apps to read and write data directly and securely to a MapR cluster like a Linux filesystem.