MapR Core Upgrade Process
The following cluster components are upgraded with MapR core:
- Hadoop MapReduce v1
- Storage Layer: MapR-FS fileserver and Container Location Database (CLDB) services
- Cluster Management Services: ZooKeeper and Warden
- NFS server
- Web server, including the MapR Control System user interface and REST API to cluster services
maprclicommands for managing cluster services
- Any new features and performance enhancements introduced with the new version.
When you upgrade MapR core, the following changes occur within the
- If required, additional folders are added.
- Product binaries are replaced by binaries associated with the new version.
Existing configuration files remain in the active directory and default
configuration files associated with the new version are installed in a new
Default Configuration File Directories Active Configuration File Directories
When MapR core includes an updated hadoop common version, a new hadoop directory is installed and the following changes also occur:
/opt/mapr/conf/hadoop_versionfile reflects the new hadoop version number.
Paths in the
/opt/mapr/conf/conf.d/warden.<servicename>.conffiles reflect the new hadoop directory.
The following symlinks in
/opt/mapr/libreflect the new hadoop version:
A new hadoop 2.x directory is created under
If a hadoop 2.x directory already exists, the configuration files from the existing hadoop 2.x directory will replace the default configuration files in the new 2.x hadoop directory thereby retaining the existing configuration. The existing hadoop 2.x directory is also moved into the following directory: