The MapR Streams Java API Library
Use the MapR Streams Admin Java API library as an alternative to
maprcli commands and the REST APIs for performing adminstrative tasks on
streams and topics. You can also use this library for analysis of the contents of
- Provides methods for performing administrative tasks on streams and topics, as well
as for getting
- Provides methods for setting values for the attributes of streams. Pass a
StreamDescriptorinto the methods for creating a stream and editing an existing stream. Get a
StreamDescriptorto find out the values of the attributes for an existing stream.
- Provides the entry point to accessing MapR streams for analytics purposes.
- Provides the MapR-modified Kafka packages.
Using these interfaces, you can write Java applications that perform these tasks:
- Count the number of topics that are in a stream
- Create a stream
- Create a topic with the default number of partitions
- Create a topic with a specified number of partitions
- Delete a stream
- Delete a topic
- Edit a topic by increasing its number of partitions
- Edit the attributes of a stream
- Querying Messages