MapR Streams Python Applications
As of MapR 5.2.1, you can create python applications for MapR Streams using the Streams Python client. The Streams Python client is a binding for librdkafka. The Streams Python client is available in a MapR Ecosystem Pack (MEP) starting with MEP 3.0.
- You can create producers and high-level consumers. Low-level consumers are not supported.
- Consuming or producing topics in a Kafka cluster is not supported
- MapR Streams offset values start at 1, not 0.
- MapR Security is supported. Kafka application-level security is not supported. See Security Overview.
- User impersonation is not supported.