MapR Streams C Applications
As of MapR 5.2.1, you can develop C applications for MapR Streams. The MapR Streams C Client is a distribution of librdkafka that can work with MapR Streams. The Streams C Client is available in a MapR Ecosystem Pack (MEP) starting with MEP 3.0.
The MapR Streams C Client supports a majority of the librdkafka API plus additional configuration properties that are available only with MapR Streams. When developing applications for MapR Streams or migrating Kafka applications to MapR Streams, see the list of Supported API for MapR Streams C Client which also contains MapR Streams-specific API behavior. Reference rdkafka.h for API signatures.
- You can create producers and high-level consumers. Low-level consumers are not supported.
- Consuming or producing topics in a Kafka cluster is not supported
- MapR Streams offset values start at 1, not 0.
- MapR Security is supported. Kafka application-level security is not supported. See Security Overview.
- User impersonation is not supported.