Using the MapR Installer
The MapR Installer makes the installation and upgrade of a MapR cluster easy.
You can use the MapR Installer to install MapR 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, and 5.2. You can also use the MapR Installer to perform upgrades on clusters that were installed using the MapR Installer. To see the MapR Installer in action, watch this video.
- Select a node to run the MapR Installer.The node from which you run the MapR Installer must also be one of the nodes you plan to install the cluster on. Before you begin, you may want to check the prerequisites and known issues.
- Download the mapr-setup.sh script. Download
mapr-setup.shfrom mapr.com. Then, copy
mapr-setup.shto the node that will run the MapR Installer.
- Run the mapr-setup.sh script to configure the node to run the MapR Installer. Run
the following command as the
rootuser from the directory that contains the script:
- Start the MapR Installer. Open the MapR Installer URL:
https://<Installer Node hostname/IPaddress>:9443
You will be prompted to log in as the MapR Administrator user that you configured while running the
- Use the Incremental Install option to add nodes, add services, and upgrade services that are already installed on the cluster.
- Use the Upgrade option to upgrade the cluster to a newer MapR version and upgrade services that are already installed on the cluster.