Installing the MapR Client
- Verify that the operating system on the machine where you plan to install the MapRClient is supported. For a list of operating systems that are compatible with the MapR clients, see MapR Client Support Matrix.
- Verify that the machine where you plan to install the MapR client is not a cluster node. The MapR client is intended for use on a computer that has no other MapR server software installed.
Obtain connectivity information and cluster setup requirements. When you use
configure.sh to configure the client, you will need to know the following details:
- The cluster name. You will need the cluster name when you specify the -N parameter.
- The IP addresses and ports of the CLDB nodes on the cluster. You will need this information when you specify the CLDB nodes with the -C parameter.
- If one or more nodes in the cluster run the ResourceManager, you may need to specify
the hostname or IP address for each ResourceManager nodes using the
-RMparameter. If the cluster is configured to use zero-configuration failover, do not specify the ResourceManager nodes. If the cluster is not configured to use zero-configuration failover, specify each ResourceManager node.
- Determine if the cluster is secure. If the cluster is secure, you will need to specify the -secure parameter when you run configure.sh.
- If a node in the cluster runs the HistoryServer, note the hostname for the
HistoryServer. You must specify each HistoryServer node using the
/etc/hostsfile of the client machine, add a mapping between the CLDB nodes in the cluster and the IP addresses of those nodes.For example, add the IP address 10.10.82.22 and CLDB node name centos22 on the Mac OSX where you installed the client:
127.0.0.1 localhost 255.255.255.255 broadcasthost ::1 localhost fe80::1%lo0 localhost 10.10.82.22 centos22
To install the MapR client, obtain the MapR packages for your operating system at http://package.mapr.com/releases/ and complete the installation steps:
For the Windows MapR client, you must also complete some post installation steps.
Warning: The client nodes also need to have the MapR repositories configured in order to pull the client packages.