MapR Installer Log Descriptions
This topic describes the logs generated by the MapR installer and MapR Installer Stanzas.
MapR installer logs are written to the following folder: /opt/mapr/installer/logs.
The following list describes each log:
- Shows installation activities associated with a particular node. Every time you run the MapR installer or a MapR Installer Stanza, a new copy of this log is created for each node in the cluster. When you encounter errors, you should check this log first, and then check the mapr-installer.log.
- The node log is created only if the software was able to run Ansible successfully on the node. If incorrect credentials were provided for the root user, or if there was an issue and Ansible quit before issuing the first logging callback, no log file is created for the node. If this happens, you must consult mapr-installer.log.
- Logs the REST calls sent to the installer and the database events that the installer runs. Every time you run the MapR installer or a MapR Installer Stanza, a new copy of this log is created.
- Shows the progress of installation for a MapR Installer Stanza. Every time you run a MapR Installer Stanza, a new copy of this log is created.
- Serves as the top-level log file for the Ansible part of the installer. This log is created by the main Python script that runs the installer backend. This log typically shows the same information as mapr-installer.log.
- Shows the progress of Ansible scripts performed by the installer server. This log is useful if back-end issues prevent the creation of <nodename>.log. Every time you run the MapR installer or a MapR Installer Stanza, a new copy of this log is created.
- Shows the state of the cluster after provisioning of the cluster using a MapR Installer Stanza install command. new.yaml represents what will be installed on the cluster.
- Shows the state of the cluster before you run the MapR Installer Stanza